Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Being Four

Being four is a really, really big deal.  At least it is in our house.  Today, my daughter turns four.  One more year to go before she is a “whole hand.” But nevertheless four is awesome.

At the age of four my daughter can do many, many things – speak in full sentences, put on her own clothes, express her opinion (often), understand right from wrong and the list goes on and on.  But most important of all, at the age of four, you start to establish memories that will last a life time.
I want her to remember how much fun I am, the joys of baking with me, the messes I allow and encourage her to make with crafts and play-dog, her first friends in school and day care (Zoey, Elizabeth, Lauren, Brigid and Nora), he special bond and wild times with her cousins (Drew, Joey and Nick), the way her room is decorated, the joys of splashing in the pool, the excitement of riding a Dora the Explorer bike and so on.  But more than anything, I want that joy to last forever.

And this I promise on this ever-so-special day – I will manifest her joy, supplement her humor, encourage her silliness and preserve her childhood as every parent should. She has made me the best mother I can be and I will make her the best and most joyful person you could ever imagine. 
To many more years – my sweet Rie.

No comments:

Post a Comment